We sat down with Nello Cristianini, Professor of AI at Bristol University, to ask him about what's really happening in the world of AI, what people aren't aware of, what the opportunities and risks are, and what the effects are on the jobs market and the skills we need now and into the future. Watch all of Nello's insights here.
In this video, Nello tells us how we can help prepare children in terms of skills and jobs for an AI-influenced world.
Watch Nello tell us about...
- "What's happening in AI as we go into 2017?"
- "What does AI mean for managers and employees?"
- "Is it sufficient for AI to mimic human emotions?"
- "Are white collar jobs being displaced by AI?"
- "What does AI look like in everyday life?"
- "Why is the AI renaissance happening now?"
- "What business model is driving forward AI?"
- "How do we prepare children for AI?"
- "How do we adapt to recent AI developments?"
- "Do robots have empathy?"
- "What skills/jobs will we need in the future?"
- "Have we started to treat machines differently?"
About Jamie Lawrence
Jamie Lawrence is editor of global online HR publication and community HRZone.com. He is committed to driving forward the HR agenda and making sure that HR directors have the knowledge and insight necessary to make HR felt across the whole organisation. He regularly speaks to audiences of 250+ and has interviewed key HR industry names, including Daniel H. Pink. He has worked previously as a small business journalist and a copywriter and has published non-fiction that reached #2 on the NYT Children's Bestseller List. In his spare time Jamie likes writing fiction, films, fitness and eating out.