Member Since: 21st Jun 2007
Peter Cook leads Human Dynamics and The Academy of Rock, a creativity and innovation consultancy with an enviable network of associates around the world. We facilitate strategy, creativity, innovation and change through bespoke consultancy, masterclasses, keynotes, training, coaching and mentoring. Author and contributor to 11 books, acclaimed by Professors Charles Handy, Adrian Furnham, Harvey Goldsmith CBE and Tom Peters. Peter appears on BBC TV, Radio, Bloomberg TV, The FT, Independent et al. with his ideas. He won a prize for his work on leadership from Sir Richard Branson, is a writer for Virgin.com and works with Ted Coine's Open For Business speaker network. Peter has followed three concurrent passions over 30 years: science; business and music:
· Leading innovative Pharmaceutical Product Research and Development teams to bring multi-million dollar life saving drugs safely to the market, including the first treatments for AIDS, Herpes and the development of Human Insulin.
· Trouble-shooting businesses and starting up factories around the world in critical conditions where failure could hurt the enterprise considerably.
· Internal business, organisation development and change consultancy to introduce long-term change to business units and increase their innovation and creativity levels.
· Writing and tutoring for Business Schools at MBA level for blue chip companies around the world.
· Writing and performing music and speaking around the world on the parallels between business and the arts. Peter interviews a wide range of world-class musicians in this role including people connected with Prince, Eric Clapton, Ozzy Osbourne, Deep Purple, Bob Marley, Yes, AC / DC, Meatloaf and The Who.
Peter has an MBA, is a Chartered Chemist, FCIPD and an NLP Old Master. He is also an accomplished rock, pop and jazz musician, having performed alongside Bernie Tormé, John Otway, Wilko Johnson, Patti Russo, Meatloaf’s long-term singing partner and songstress with Queen and Cher. Peter's keynotes and masterclasses can be accompanied by a roster of class A rock stars and session musicians.
Keynote speaker, OD and Business Consultant, Coach and Mentor Human Dynamics and The Academy of Rock
24th Jan 2016
How do you lever change when there is no crisis, but change you must in order to stay ahead? How can we learn to be more resilient to...Blog
15th Jan 2016
A big thank you to Trish McFarlane and Steve Boese for hosting The HR Happy Hour Radio Show on HR, Business and Music just recently joining...Blog
2nd Jan 2016
Much strategic advantage in a networked world comes from collaborations with like or differently minded people. The Open For Business...Blog
23rd Dec 2015
I am delighted to announce that Bloomsbury have made " Leading Innovation, Creativity and Enterprise " available to pre-order. The book is...Blog
2nd Nov 2015
I was one of a few lucky people to meet Professor Charles Handy at the RSA event recently. My love affair with Handy's work goes back as...Blog
25th Sep 2015
HR are responsible for setting the climate and culture under which high performance occurs. In companies and organisations where the...Blog
7th Aug 2015
I gave my first ever music lesson the other week ... in the boardroom of The Pure Sky Club - Warsaw's premier business venue ... for two...Blog
4th May 2015
I interviewed Sheila E recently on her world tour at The Brooklyn Bowl in London. Sheila Escovedo is a world-class drummer, percussionist...Blog
13th Apr 2015
While delivering the final keynote to a month of events on career management at Pfizer I discussed the notion of "climbing frames" over "...Blog