Member Since: 21st Jun 2007
Peter Cook leads Human Dynamics and The Academy of Rock, a creativity and innovation consultancy with an enviable network of associates around the world. We facilitate strategy, creativity, innovation and change through bespoke consultancy, masterclasses, keynotes, training, coaching and mentoring. Author and contributor to 11 books, acclaimed by Professors Charles Handy, Adrian Furnham, Harvey Goldsmith CBE and Tom Peters. Peter appears on BBC TV, Radio, Bloomberg TV, The FT, Independent et al. with his ideas. He won a prize for his work on leadership from Sir Richard Branson, is a writer for Virgin.com and works with Ted Coine's Open For Business speaker network. Peter has followed three concurrent passions over 30 years: science; business and music:
· Leading innovative Pharmaceutical Product Research and Development teams to bring multi-million dollar life saving drugs safely to the market, including the first treatments for AIDS, Herpes and the development of Human Insulin.
· Trouble-shooting businesses and starting up factories around the world in critical conditions where failure could hurt the enterprise considerably.
· Internal business, organisation development and change consultancy to introduce long-term change to business units and increase their innovation and creativity levels.
· Writing and tutoring for Business Schools at MBA level for blue chip companies around the world.
· Writing and performing music and speaking around the world on the parallels between business and the arts. Peter interviews a wide range of world-class musicians in this role including people connected with Prince, Eric Clapton, Ozzy Osbourne, Deep Purple, Bob Marley, Yes, AC / DC, Meatloaf and The Who.
Peter has an MBA, is a Chartered Chemist, FCIPD and an NLP Old Master. He is also an accomplished rock, pop and jazz musician, having performed alongside Bernie Tormé, John Otway, Wilko Johnson, Patti Russo, Meatloaf’s long-term singing partner and songstress with Queen and Cher. Peter's keynotes and masterclasses can be accompanied by a roster of class A rock stars and session musicians.
Keynote speaker, OD and Business Consultant, Coach and Mentor Human Dynamics and The Academy of Rock
11th Jul 2016
Introducing Cathy Brown, Executive Director of Engage for Success, who aim to create great workplaces in the UK through the commitment,...Blog
4th Jun 2016
In this case study on bad HR policy, I ask the questions: Is it a mistake to make HR policy from exceptions? Should HR put itself in the...Blog
23rd May 2016
Managing the egos and passions in a rock band is probably one of the hardest calls on a manager. So just how do you manage to produce a...Blog
1st May 2016
I remain shocked and stunned at the premature death of Prince, having followed him for nearly 40 years. A complex character and one that is...Blog
7th Apr 2016
In this report from Phil Hawthorn , he reviews an encounter between Professor Adrian Furnham, famed for his talks at the CIPD, and Peter...Blog
21st Mar 2016
With the recent announcement by Government to turn all schools into Academies, I am wondering whether what is essentially private control...Blog
6th Mar 2016
I have just comenced a 30 day crowdfunding campaign to raise a small fortune to Beat World Cancer . I'm inviting you to join a " Live...Blog
28th Feb 2016
We're throwing a free party on April Fools' Day (Friday April 1st) from 3.00 - 4.30 pm at Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Money Lounge in...Blog
16th Feb 2016
Much innovation springs from collaboration in the current age. No longer do the talents required to develop new products, services and...Blog