What are the key trends affecting the retail sector and what can HR and organisations do to prepare for them? We recorded an expert roundtable and you can watch the video below.
We hosted a roundtable with CoreHR that explored five trends in detail to really unpick what leading retailers are doing to boost HR performance and organisational success in the face of these trends.
The roundtable was made up of:
- David Bannister, Outgoing HR Director, River Island
- Spencer Allcock, Senior Consultant, Kantar Retail
- Bruce Walcroft, Solutions Consultant, CoreHR
- Jamie Lawrence, Managing Editor, HRZone (moderator)
What were the trends and when do they appear in the video?
- Living wage (01:15)
- Brexit (12:55)
- Multi-generational workforce (27:33)
- New focus on workforce management (44:04)
- Capability management (58:44)
I've watched the video. What next?
Our retail roundtable was one part of our significant HR in Retail hub which contains a wealth of information on how HR is adapting to trends in retail and innovating into the future.
Here are some key articles and resources from the hub:
- How footwear brand FitFlop found its core values
- The disintegrating retail economic model and the dual-pronged approach that will replace it
- Ebook: The future of retail and the role employees will play
- Hello, Future: is there room for retail workers?
- Prioritising mental wellbeing in the retail sector
- From collaboration to innovation - strengthening talent to thrive in retail
About Jamie Lawrence
Jamie Lawrence is editor of global online HR publication and community HRZone.com. He is committed to driving forward the HR agenda and making sure that HR directors have the knowledge and insight necessary to make HR felt across the whole organisation. He regularly speaks to audiences of 250+ and has interviewed key HR industry names, including Daniel H. Pink. He has worked previously as a small business journalist and a copywriter and has published non-fiction that reached #2 on the NYT Children's Bestseller List. In his spare time Jamie likes writing fiction, films, fitness and eating out.