This week in 'I Hate My Job' - September 29 2015by
Each week in "I Hate My Job," we bring you insights from the minds of disengaged workers across the Twittersphere. The biggest lessons is that there's no one reason why people hate their jobs and why they're disengaged.
Dissatisfaction is driven by personality, life circumstances, day-to-day stresses and much more. This is just a glimpse.
But each week we try to pick out a diverse set that illustrates all the things that turn people off to their workplace and employer. Perhaps they'll inspire you to take action?
1. With great hatred comes great responsibility
— Oupa Mahosi (@EMahosi) September 29, 2015
2. Is that the collective attitude to working nowadays? A triumphant win for Theory X?
Yeah I hate my job but who doesn't these days?
— Youngster Anton (@Dr_SofaKingSXE) September 29, 2015
3. Don't we all? But we musn't forget no-one can love their job all the time - but they can hate it all the time...
I have a love/hate relationship with my job
— Clarissa S. (@claxoxo_) September 29, 2015
4. This is no joke - there are significant dangers to faking emotions
A regular customer asked me why I'm always so happy lol it's my job???? I secretly hate all of you
— Emmmmm (@EmilyMennenga) September 29, 2015
5. You scratch your job's back and your job will scratch your back?
I hate how stressful & demanding my job is but I like that I rarely work weekends & I get off early on weekdays. So I guess it balances out.
— Karen Acevedo (@KayyyRan) September 29, 2015
6. Are benefits and engagement stopping this person from quitting when they should?
i can't quit my job because they cater to my every desire. i hate that they do that because i know no where else will
— out of stock. (@_bigSHAUN) September 28, 2015
7. As if we need reminding about the importance of leadership
Why does my leadership suck so bad you're the reason why I hate my job
— Andrew Ciptak (@A_Cip_) September 28, 2015
8. Our jobs can make us question deeply-held beliefs - that's scary...
My job makes me wonder if I really hate my job or do I just hate people...
— Jack. (@PrayForJack) September 28, 2015
9. ...which makes this even scarier
Can't tell if I hate my life, or my job. Prolly both?
— Caleb Hulett (@HulettCaleb) September 28, 2015
10. First world job problems?
You know what I love about my job? Im surrounded by pastries. You know what I hate about my job? I'm surrounded by pastries.
— Paola Solorio (@PaolaInPursuit) September 29, 2015
Jamie Lawrence is Insights Director at Wagestream, a financial wellbeing app that makes money less stressful for people in work. Founded by a group of leading financial charities, Wagestream's mission is driven by their social charter: everything they build must improve financial wellbeing. Jamie was previously Managing Editor of HRZone,...