It's that time of the week already, where we fill your proverbial cup with a generous helping of news, opinion and general tidbits from across the online HR world.
Let us know what you've found interesting this week - or if you have any thoughts on the posts we've shared!
- Should you include a photo on your resume? (HR Bartender)
- A tongue-in-cheek look at attracting the top talent (The Cooper Review)
- Is reservation about an employee a deal breaker? (Mashable)
- Abolish the job description! (Dr Tim Baker, LinkedIn)
Content seriesView full content series
Be a good boss
- Why I'll never put my customers first (Fast Company)
- An open letter to my boss (Cake HR)
- So you have a diversityy policy, wow! (Ian Buckingham, LinkedIn)
Team work & culture
- Where startups lead, corporates follow; why co-working is the future (The Guardian)
- How to assess how your employees are feeling; no survey required (HR Gem blog)
Work is changing
- Why we seem to be talking more and working less (Digital Tonto)
- Three day working week 'optimal for over-40s' (BBC News)
And as a bonus treat, here is something that's entertained us this week - 10 Tricks to Appear Smarter in Meetings, from The Cooper Review. Enjoy!
About Shonette Laffy
Deputy Editor for HRZone and TrainingZone. Always keen to hear your thoughts on our sites and content - come and say hello on my HRZone blog or on one of our social media channels.
I'm also a Twitter addict, keen cheese muncher and rum snob.