Benefits Administration definition
Benefits administration involves creating, managing and updating an employee benefits programme and ensuring the maximum engagement among employees. Benefits administration is typically the responsibility of the HR function. It can be a very labour-intensive task in larger organisations, which is why benefits software is becoming more popular as a way to control benefits provision throughout a large enterprise.
Benefits administration will typically involve the following tasks:
- Creating a competitive benefits programme
- Enrolling new employees in the benefits programme
- Ensuring all employees are trained in what benefits are available
- Liaising with suppliers and ensuring all benefits are as competitive as possible
- Dealing with invoices, or passing them onto the finance department, when employees take advantage of relevant benefits