Job Description definition
A document that sets out various information about a job role – the information on there will vary depending on whether the job description is to be used solely as an internal resource, for example to guide the appraisal process, or as a document to give to prospective candidates.
The information may include:
- Responsibilities and remit
- The direct superior and other key relationships
- Essential and desirable professional competencies
- Essential and desirable personal qualities
- Salary scale and pay grade
- Working hours
Job descriptions should be regularly updated over time as the role evolves and shifts.