Share this content

Ask an Expert:Holiday or Off Sick,Outside EEA

Didn't find your answer?

I really hope you will be able to help me out with this.
I will be going abroad to obtain diagnosis and possibly treatment (outside EEA - destination India - I am British Citizen) I do understand that ​neither the S2 route nor the EU Directive route applies to treatment outside the EEA, but what I wish to inquire about is, if UK Law or any Guides specify that I have to call off sick at my work (due to situation first it would be self certificate and then GP notice from India) or should I use annual leave for such purpose. In My opinion a common sense would be if I am going to obtain only the diagnosis and my management is well informed about my situation, then I should choose annual leave route, but because I will be off for entire month a befriended doctor of the family in India stated that there is a high possibility I will receive the Treatment too.
Can You please advise me on this conundrum.

Replies (0)

Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.

Share this content