How do you encourage staff to buy into change?

How do you encourage staff to buy into change?

Didn't find your answer?

Enter your keywords

My instructor ask me to ask question regarding change management on an HR forum and she said that as much as possible, HR managers, professionals and practitioners will answer my question. The answer will be reported on our class and I would be very grateful if you could grant this humble request of mine. Thank you.

Replies (36)

By Lawrence
09th Jan 2015 01:51

An HR must recognize the employees, even to the small achievements in order to boost its morale and make them feel like they can face changes.

By Harold
09th Jan 2015 02:31

Treat the employees well. Like responding to their greetings and listening to their grievances. That is what I think an HR must do.

By Venice
09th Jan 2015 02:57

I think an HR must take time to converse with the employees as to what they think of the change which is conducted by the management. The HR must listen. In that way, the employees will feel that they are heard and has a value in the company.

By Kristine_blue
09th Jan 2015 05:20

The HR must first tell the employees the importance of the change and then encourage them that together they can face it. That is what I think. I hope I was able to help. Actually i'm a student like you.

By Niel
09th Jan 2015 05:27

If I am the HR, I will set myself as an example. An example of an employee that is willing to face the change. I will show to the employees that the change is important and me, myself, is going to obey it. Then I will encourage them.

By Junafe
09th Jan 2015 05:39

Everyday I am going to tell the employees the importance of the change and that the management is very willing to help on the transition process.

By Simple Merl
12th Jan 2015 10:03

Show the employees how important the change is by explaining to them the vision and how it is going to be attained.

By Lorvinne
13th Jan 2015 01:31

Than you so much for all of your replies. It was a great help. I really appreciate it. If ever there is something that i can help you back just tell me:)

By MamaVi
20th Jan 2015 15:25

First establish a good rapport, lead by example, well mannered and disciplined. Inspire them, it brings positive reward, address grievances with tact and confidence and deal every one with fair treatment.

By Cathy
21st Jan 2015 03:06

The HR must shared the vision to the employees. Let them feel that they are part of the change.

By Cristopher
21st Jan 2015 03:06

As an HR, you must let the employees feel that you value them. Show it through your words and actions when you talk to them.

By Shaniah
21st Jan 2015 03:23

I think an HR must do is to share the goals and the direction of the change. In that way the employees could understand well why it is needed and they will be empowered to take part on it.

By Kaycee
21st Jan 2015 03:26

The HR could first make the employees trust him/her. She should show that every actions and decisions he/she made are right and without any bias. Then, whatever he/she may ask, the employees will surely take part of it.

By Cathyren
21st Jan 2015 03:39

I think an HR must delegate authority and give opportunities to the employees so they can be empowered to face any changes.

By Arnie
21st Jan 2015 03:39

To empower the employees, the HR must provide all necessary informations so that the employees could feel that they are trusted. So they will eventually join the change conducted.

By Hazel Joy
21st Jan 2015 03:53

I think an HR has to show the emplyees that the possible problems they may encounter can be solve. The HR must let them feel that the management is very willing to help in the change management. This will boost the trust and confidence of the employees to face the changes.

By Arielly
21st Jan 2015 03:53

Well, an HR must create a good relation to the employees and this can be attain if the HR will give constant feedback to the emplyees. More effectively if the feedback is positve or made the emplyee improve. In that way the employees will be empowered to take part of the change since they know that during the transition, the HR is there to help.

By Cherry Ann
21st Jan 2015 04:09

The most empowering action to do will be giving of recognitions and rewards. It will also boost their enthusiasm to do anything and of course to face change.

By Aubrey
21st Jan 2015 04:09

The HR can listen to the employees' concerns and provide ansewers to each questions to provide guidance. In this way the employees will be guided in taking the change.

By Darel
21st Jan 2015 04:23

The HR could create guilines to the change. Then empoer the employees by letting them be involve to it. The HR could assign task and if that task is achieved, the HR may give a reward or a recognition.

By Faithjg
21st Jan 2015 04:40

The HR has to take time on sharing the informations to the emplyees especially on the changes they are facing. This will help the employees cope up with the change.

By Debie
21st Jan 2015 04:40

The HR should demonstrate any ways hoe to handle change and must also appreciate the efforts of the employees.

By Sweet
21st Jan 2015 04:56

The HR must create an environment where, together with the employees, they celebrate both success and failure. This will make the employees deal with the change more confidently.

By Jeralden
21st Jan 2015 04:56

I think th HR can make a culture with the employees that whenever they have difficulties, they could share it with a group which will help how to solve it. This will empower the employees to face any changes without worrying on facing it alone.

By Eunjo
21st Jan 2015 05:07

It will be good if the HR wil promote more on the employees involvement. Especially to the change they are going to have. Because the more the employees are involve, th more thry will commit to it. This action will also empower the employees to be more participative.

By Luka
21st Jan 2015 05:07

I agree with Kristine_blue. Explaining the importance of the change and ecouraging them to face it together is a good thing an HR must do. It will going to be effective.

By Lorvinne
21st Jan 2015 07:18

Thank you very much for your informative replies. God bless:)

By Skyress
21st Jan 2015 07:50

Fo me, I think it is very effective if an HR will set as a role model and also to be always there to encourage the employees to face the changes.

By Je Ra
21st Jan 2015 07:50

Hi Miss Lorvinne.

I think an HR should provide a positive and encouraging atmosphere to its employees. Because this will be a stepping stone so that the emplyees will be empowered to face the changes.

By Hyunice
21st Jan 2015 08:43

It would effective if the H will train or expose the employees to changes. Then it will be more effective if the HR will give them recognition if those changes will be achieved.

By Mavis
22nd Jan 2015 06:16

The HR can empower the employees through the use of positive encouragements and mentoring. It will make the employees feel that they are valued.

By Wendy
22nd Jan 2015 07:04

The HR can empower the employees by showing them the good points the change can do to them and also by encouraging them to give their ideas about it and also their full involvement.

By Cloud
22nd Jan 2015 07:17

I think it is best to tell the employees why is it needed to change and why is their full participation is needed to ensure success. It will make them feel that they are indeed part of it. I also agree to Simple Merl.

By Lorvinne
22nd Jan 2015 07:37

Thank you very much. God bless you:)

By napoleon
22nd Jan 2015 08:02

You have to make your employees feel that they belong to your organization and recognize every effort that they have exerted to make their work as efficient as possible. Explain to them very well why there is a need for change in your organization and why they have to be a part of that change to avoid any conflicts and confusion.. I think that's what an HR must do.

By Lorvinne
02nd Feb 2015 07:27

Thank very much to all of your replies. I have passed my midterm with your help. Daisuki minna!