Every year, the Great Workplaces Special Report profiles the UK's top workplaces for employee engagement and gives insight into how best-performing organisations are pushing the boundaries in terms of connecting with their workplaces and driving performance through innovative engagement and people management.
This year's report points to large discrepancies between companies appearing on the Best Workplaces list and UK averages on factors like trust in senior manager and whether employees would recommend their organisations to other job hunters.
Some of the key findings from the report include:
- 86% of employees in Best Workplaces say they trust senior management compared to less than half (47%) of UK employees as a whole.
- 80% of Best Workplace employees agree that management delivers on promises compared to just a 40% UK average.
- 82% of Best Workplace employees intend to stay in their current role compared to 57% in average organisations
- 88% said they would recommend their employer to others compared to only 56% in the average organisation
What drives trust in strong organisations?
The report highlights five key drivers of trust in the organisations performing strongly in the list:
- Values & Ethics
- Communication & Involvement
- Empowerment and Accountability
2017 Best Workplaces - the results
The top five ranking organisations in each band of size are as follows. Congratulations to them all!
- Baringa Partners (Professional services and consulting)
- Salesforce UK (Information technology)
- The Sovini Group (Construction, infrastructure and real estate)
- McDonald's Restaurants Ltd (Hospitality)
- Softcat plc (Information technology)
- bdht (Social housing)
- Belron International Ltd (Industrial vehicle repair and maintenance)
- Goodman Masson Limited (Professional services and recruitment)
- Impact International (Professional services and consulting)
- UKFast (Information Technology)
- Foundation SP (Information technology)
- McCarthy Recruitment Ltd (Professional services)
- World Wide Technology (Information technology)
- Amoria Bond Limited (Professional services and recruitment)
- Career Moves Group (Professional services and recruitment)